Goblin Knave: Acrobat

 

A nice simple class for Goblin Knave today! Click here for the class.

THE ACROBAT


Complexity: Low.
Suggested Ability Scores: Dexterity, Strength.
Playstyle: Tricks, evasion and cheating death.


The Acrobat is one of my absolute favourite GLOG classes. It's so simple, powerful and immediately iconic. It feels like it came in from an alternate universe where Acrobat was one of the 4 main classes in classic D&D. 

In particular the "Dodge" ability (reworded from the "Nah" ability given to the Acrobat in Lair of the Lamb) is an absolute classic, just because of how simple and powerful it is. It relies on human intuition and communication between the player and DM to determine when it should apply, making it a classic OSR ability.

I've kept everything super simple here and I'm really happy with how the reputation abilities ended up. It took me some time to figure out what a name level D&D acrobat looks like ("Do they just run a circus?") and I feel good about the final version of it.

Let me know if you have any thoughts and I'll see you for the next one :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment